CS/SB 644: Licensure by the Office of Financial Regulation
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Richter
Licensure by the Office of Financial Regulation; Authorizing, rather than requiring, the Office of Financial Regulation to deny a mortgage broker license application if the applicant had a mortgage broker license revoked previously; revising the procedures and requirements for submitting fingerprints as part of an application to sell, or offer to sell, securities; requiring the Office of Financial Regulation to pay an annual fee to the Department of Law Enforcement; revising license application fees to include fingerprint retention fees as prescribed by rule, etc.
Last Action: 4/29/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 665 (Ch. 2013-201) -SJ 739
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 48
• Introduced -SJ 48
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/20/13, 3:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 240
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 240
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 247
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/08/13, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 363
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 363
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 04/11/13, 8:30 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 422
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 422
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/23/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 658
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 658
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 739
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 665 -SJ 739
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 665 (Ch. 2013-201) -SJ 739
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.