CS/CS/SB 674: Animal Shelters and Animal Control Agencies
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Agriculture ; Montford ; Abruzzo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Sachs ; Evers
Animal Shelters and Animal Control Agencies; Declaring legislative priorities relating to the importation and uncontrolled breeding of dogs and cats; requiring that each public or private animal shelter, humane organization, or animal control agency operated by a humane society or by a county, municipality, or other incorporated political subdivision prepare and maintain specified records; specifying the information that must be included in the records; providing a maximum fee for copies of such records, etc.
Last Action: 4/25/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-32
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Agriculture (AG)
- Community Affairs (CA)
• Referred to Agriculture; Community Affairs -SJ 50
• Introduced -SJ 50
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture, 03/11/13, 3:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Agriculture; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 195
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Agriculture read 1st time -SJ 202
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 195
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/02/13, 12:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 279
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 283
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 279
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/10/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 393
• Amendment(s) adopted (263762) -SJ 393
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 394
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 414
• Amendment(s) adopted (543150) -SJ 414
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 414
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 619
• Received -HJ 619
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/13
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 997 -HJ 624
• Read 2nd time -HJ 624
• Read 3rd time -HJ 624
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 625
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 512
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 512
• Approved by Governor -SJ 579
• Chapter No. 2013-32
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.