CS/CS/HB 821: Insurer Solvency
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Ingram
Insurer Solvency; Provides definitions applicable to Florida Insurance Code; revises definition; provides additional calculations for determining whether insurer has company action level event; revises provisions relating to mandatory control level events; requires insurer's annual statement to include actuarial opinion summary; provides criteria for summary; provides exception for life & health insurers; protects material supporting insurer's annual actuarial opinion from subpoena, discovery, or admissibility in civil action; revises amount of outstanding voting securities of domestic stock insurer or controlling company that person is prohibited from acquiring unless certain requirements have been met; deletes provision authorizing insurer to file disclaimer of affiliation & control in lieu of letter notifying OIR of FSC of acquisition of voting securities of domestic stock company; requires statement notifying office to include additional information; provides that control is presumed to exist under certain conditions; specifies how control may be rebutted & how controlling interest may be divested.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 House - Died on Calendar
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 84
• Introduced -HJ 83
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/13/13, 9:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 272
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 270
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 270
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 265
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 03/27/13, 2:00 pm, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 385
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 380
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 402
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.