CS/HB 845: Termination of Pregnancy Based on Sex or Race of Unborn Child
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Van Zant ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Campbell ; Eagle ; Fasano ; Gaetz ; Grant ; Patronis ; Rodrigues, R.
Termination of Pregnancy Based on Sex or Race of Unborn Child; Designates act "Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act"; requires person performing termination to first sign affidavit stating that he or she is not performing termination because of child's sex or race & has no knowledge that pregnancy being terminated is because of child's sex or race; prohibits performing, inducing, or actively participating in termination knowing that it is sought based on sex or race of child or race of parent of that child, using force or threat of force to intentionally injure or intimidate any person for purpose of coercing sex-selection or race-selection termination, & soliciting or accepting moneys to finance sex-selection or race-selection termination; provides for injunctions; provides for civil actions by certain persons; authorizes civil fines against physicians & other health professionals who knowingly fail to report known violations; provides that minor on whom sex-selection or race-selection termination is performed is not subject to criminal prosecution or civil liability.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 Senate - Died in Health Policy
Location: In committee/council (HP)
Bill Text: PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Health Quality Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 86
• Introduced -HJ 86
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/27/13, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 5 -HJ 358
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 351
• Original reference(s) removed: Health Quality Subcommittee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 370
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 370
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/03/13, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 10 NAYS 7 -HJ 414
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 414
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 628
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 670
• CS passed; YEAS 71 NAYS 44 -HJ 670
• In Messages
• Referred to Health Policy; Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 584
• Received -SJ 584
• Died in Health Policy
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.