CS/CS/SB 904: Education
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Education ; Brandes
Education; Allowing individuals or organizations that provide online courses, including massive open online courses, which are measured by statewide assessments to apply for approval as state-level providers; creating the Florida Accredited Courses and Tests Initiative (FACTs); providing for application of certain courses and assessments toward promotion, graduation, and degree attainment; authorizing a school district, a Florida College System institution, and a state university to contract with qualified contractors to administer and proctor statewide standardized assessments or assessments associated with Florida-accredited courses, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2013-225), SB 1514 (Ch. 2013-45) -SJ 954
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Education; Rules -SJ 65
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/06/13, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 65
• CS by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 1 -SJ 196
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 196
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 203
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/09/13, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 14 NAYS 1 -SJ 422
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 422
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/16/13
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 424
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/13
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/13
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/13
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/13
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/01/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 954
• Substituted CS/HB 7029 -SJ 954
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7029 (Ch. 2013-225), SB 1514 (Ch. 2013-45) -SJ 954
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.