SM 970: Congressional Term Limits
MEMORIAL by Brandes
Congressional Term Limits; Urging Congress to propose to the states an amendment to the Constitution of the United States that would limit the consecutive terms of office which a member of the United States Senate or the United States House of Representatives may serve, etc.
Location: In committee/council (RC)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Rules -SJ 69
• Introduced -SJ 69
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 04/01/13, 12:15 pm, 412 Knott Building --Pending Reconsideration (Unfavorable; YEAS 5 NAYS 6)
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 04/08/13, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Motion to Reconsider Adopted
• Favorable by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 7 NAYS 5 -SJ 363
• Now in Rules -SJ 363
• Died in Rules
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.