CS/HB 989: School Emergency Procedures
GENERAL BILL by K-12 Subcommittee ; Rodrigues, R.
School Emergency Procedures; Distinguishes emergency lockdown drills from emergency evacuation drills; provides requirements for conducting emergency lockdown drills; requires schools to submit after-drill reports to school district.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 House - Died on Calendar
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to K-12 Subcommittee; Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 99
• Introduced -HJ 99
• On Committee agenda-- K-12 Subcommittee, 03/18/13, 4:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by K-12 Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 279
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by K-12 Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 276
• Original reference(s) removed: Education Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Education Committee -HJ 284
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 284
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/27/13, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 358
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 358
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.