CS/SB 1350: Criminal Penalties
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Bradley
Criminal Penalties; Providing criminal sentences applicable to a person who was under the age of 18 years at the time the offense was committed; requiring that a judge consider certain factors before determining if life imprisonment is an appropriate sentence; providing for review of certain sentences of offenders who were under the age of 18 at the time of the offense, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 Senate - Died on Calendar
Location: On 3rd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 101
• Introduced -SJ 101
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/01/13, 12:15 pm, 37 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/08/13, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 4 NAYS 2 -SJ 363
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 363
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 04/11/13, 8:30 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 365
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 5 -SJ 422
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 422
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/23/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 13 NAYS 4 -SJ 658
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 658
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 732
• Amendment(s) adopted (638138) -SJ 732
• Amendment(s) reconsidered, adopted (638138) -SJ 734
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 734
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.