CS/CS/HB 1355: Purchase of Firearms by Mentally Ill Persons
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Watson, B. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Berman ; Campbell ; Dudley ; Edwards ; Fitzenhagen ; Kerner ; Metz ; Pilon ; Rader ; Stafford
Purchase of Firearms by Mentally Ill Persons; Provides conditions under which person who has been voluntarily admitted to mental institution for treatment & has undergone involuntary examination under Baker Act may be prohibited from purchasing firearm; provides requirements for examining physician; provides for judicial review of certain findings; provides specified notice requirements; provides form & contents of notice; provides requirements with respect to filing of specified records with court & presentation of such records to judge or magistrate; provides lawful authority of judge or magistrate to review specified records & order that such records be submitted to FDLE; provides a timeframe for submission of records to FDLE upon order of record by judge or magistrate.
Last Action: 7/1/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-249
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 129
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 213
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/19/13, 9:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 287
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 283
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 305
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/28/13, 10:30 am, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 385
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 383
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 382
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 639
• Read 3rd time -HJ 640
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 1 -HJ 640
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 506
• Received -SJ 506
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 728
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 728
• Substituted for CS/SB 1000 -SJ 728
• Read 2nd time -SJ 728
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 798
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 798
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1030
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-249
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.