CS/SB 1398: Real Estate Appraisers
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Hukill
Real Estate Appraisers; Authorizing qualifying education courses completed by applicants for registration as a trainee or certification as a residential appraiser or general appraiser to be completed through distance learning; revising the education and experience requirements for certified residential appraisers and certified general appraisers according to certain real property appraiser qualification criteria adopted by the Appraiser Qualifications Board of the Appraisal Foundation on a specified date; authorizing the use of a distance learning course, etc.
Last Action: 6/17/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-182
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Judiciary -SJ 159
• Introduced -SJ 159
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/21/13, 10:00 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Regulated Industries; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 239
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/01/13, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/08/13, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by- Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 398
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 402
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 398
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/16/13
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 540
• Amendment(s) adopted (174896) -SJ 540
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 540
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 646
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 647
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 916
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13
• Received -HJ 915
• Read 2nd time -HJ 965
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 1025 -HJ 965
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1004
• CS passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 1004
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 881
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-182
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.