CS/SB 1412: Expert Testimony
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Richter
Expert Testimony; Providing that a witness qualified as an expert by knowledge, skill, experience, training, or education may testify in the form of an opinion or otherwise as to the facts at issue in a case under certain circumstances; providing that the elements necessary to allow a witness to testify as an expert witness are satisfied if the principles and methods on which such knowledge is based are generally accepted by the relevant expert community; providing for applicability, etc.
Last Action: 4/25/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7015 (Ch. 2013-107) -SJ 600
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Rules -SJ 163
• Introduced -SJ 163
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/08/13, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/15/13, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 3 -SJ 476
• Now in Rules -SJ 476
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/22/13, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 2 -SJ 578
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 578
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/13
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 579
• Read 2nd time -SJ 600
• Substituted HB 7015 -SJ 600
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7015 (Ch. 2013-107) -SJ 600
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.