CS/SB 186: Jurisdiction of the Courts
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Diaz de la Portilla
Jurisdiction of the Courts; Providing that a person submits to the jurisdiction of the courts of this state by entering into a contract that specifies that the law of this state governs the contract and that the person agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of this state; clarifying the circumstances under which an arbitration is international; limiting the application of certain provisions to instances in which an arbitral tribunal orders a party to preserve evidence that may be relevant and material to the resolution of a dispute, etc.
Last Action: 6/17/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-164
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 18
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 02/05/13, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 112
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 112
• Introduced -SJ 18
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/18/13, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 241
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 243
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/02/13, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 278
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 278
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/10/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 389
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 412
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 412
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 912
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13
• Received -HJ 912
• Read 2nd time -HJ 962
• Substituted for CS/HB 775 -HJ 962
• Amendment(s) adopted (763285) -HJ 963
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1000
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 1000
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (763285) -SJ 886
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 886
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-164
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.