CS/HB 7119: Homeowners' Associations
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee ; La Rosa ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles ; Gibbons ; Rangel
Homeowners' Associations; Provides grounds for disciplinary actions against community association managers; requires official records to be maintained within specified distance of association for specified time; requires association directors to file with association secretary written certification that they have read certain association documents, will uphold documents, & will uphold their fiduciary responsibility to members; requires association to provide copies of amendments to governing documents to members under certain conditions; provides additional circumstances for authorizing members to elect majority of association board members; provides public policy regarding amendments to governing documents in associations under developer control; defines term "previous owner" to exclude certain associations from provisions relating to liability of previous owners of parcels for unpaid assessments, etc.
Last Action: 6/17/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-218, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 73 (Ch. 2013-188)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 336
• Referred to Judiciary Committee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 370
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/09/13, 2:30 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 571
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 576
• Original reference(s) removed: Regulatory Affairs Committee
• Referred to- Calendar -HJ 610
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 768
• Amendment(s) adopted (930633) -HJ 772
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 835
• Amendment(s) adopted (370345) -HJ 836
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 113 NAYS 5 -HJ 836
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 673
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 673
• Withdrawn from Regulated Industries; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 651
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 651
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 580 -SJ 651
• Read 2nd time -SJ 651
• Read 3rd time -SJ 651
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 651
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 911
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-218, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 73 (Ch. 2013-188)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.