CS/HB 7165: Early Learning
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations Committee ; Education Committee ; O'Toole ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Porter ; Saunders
Early Learning; Creates Office of Early Learning within Office of Independent Education & Parental Choice to administer school readiness program & VPK program at state level; revises provisions relating to VPK program; creates new part in school code relating to school readiness program, which includes duties of office & early learning coalitions, program requirements, eligibility & enrollment requirements, provider standards, & program funding; modifies organizational structure within DOE; repeals current law relating to school readiness.
Last Action: 7/1/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-252
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 570
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 610
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 04/17/13, 8:30 am, Webster Hall
• CS by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 25 NAYS 0 -HJ 687
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 683
• CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 681
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 706
• Amendment(s) adopted (049305) -HJ 707
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 806
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 806
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 589
• Received -SJ 589
• Withdrawn from Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 1013
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1013
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1722 -SJ 1013
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1013
• Amendment(s) adopted (207746, 591464, 767148) -SJ 1013
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1115
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 1116
• In returning messages
• Was taken up -HJ 1276
• Concurred in 3 amendment(s) (207746, 591464, 767148) -HJ 1277
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 1277
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-252
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.