CS/CS/HB 833: General Assignments
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Passidomo
General Assignments; Defines "negative notice"; requires assignee's bond to be in at least specific amount or double liquidation value of unencumbered & liquid assets of estate, whichever is higher; authorizes assignee to conduct certain discovery to determine whether to prosecute certain claims or causes of action; extends time period assignee may conduct business of assignor; authorizes assignee to continue conducting business of assignor by serving negative notice; extends time period for which court may authorize assignee to conduct business of assignor; provides procedures for assignee's rejection of unexpired lease of nonresidential real property or of personal property; requires assignee to serve notice of rejection on certain persons & file with court; requires that notice of rejection for personal property include certain information about affected property; specifies effective date of rejection; requires estate's rights & obligations to & liability for affected property to terminate; extends minimum time period for giving notice to assignor & creditors; provides procedure for serving notice on persons; requires objection to be filed & served within specific time period; requires notice to be in specified form; provides that assignee may take certain actions if objection is not filed.
Last Action: 7/1/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-244
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 85
• Introduced -HJ 84
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/13/13, 12:00 pm, 404 HOB
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 272
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Insurance and Banking Subcommittee -HJ 270
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 266
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/28/13, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 373
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 373
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/03/13, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 437
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 431
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 443
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 706
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 805
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 806
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 583
• Received -SJ 583
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 610
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 610
• Substituted for CS/SB 1098 -SJ 610
• Read 2nd time -SJ 610
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 690
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 690
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 967
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-244
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.