CS/SB 66: Discretionary Sales Surtaxes
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Flores ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Margolis ; Bullard
Discretionary Sales Surtaxes; Authorizing a county as defined in s. 125.011(1), F.S., to levy a surtax up to a specified amount for the benefit of a Florida College System institution and a state university in the county pursuant to an ordinance conditioned to take effect upon approval in a county referendum; prohibiting the referendum unless the Florida College System institution attains certain completion rates; establishing an oversight board with specified duties, responsibilities, and requirements relating to the expenditure of surtax proceeds; providing that state funding may not be reduced because an institution receives surtax funds, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died in Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (AFT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 18
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 02/04/14, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 136
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 136
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/18/14, 2:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 135
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 135
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 03/05/14, 11:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 18
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 207
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 207
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/27/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 356
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 356
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 360
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 824
• Amendment(s) adopted (848330) -SJ 824
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 824
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1024
• Amendment(s) adopted (559406) -SJ 1024
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 1024
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.