CS/SB 94: Jury Composition
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Margolis
Jury Composition; Requiring a 12-member jury for life felony cases, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Location: In committee/council (AP)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Criminal Justice; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 19
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/04/14, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 4 NAYS 3 -SJ 138
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Community Affairs
• Remaining references corrected to Criminal Justice; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 132
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 138
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/17/14, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 1 -SJ 135
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 135
• Introduced -SJ 19
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 115
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.