CS/SB 104: Family Law
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Soto
Family Law; Providing for consideration of time-sharing schedules or time-sharing arrangements as a factor in the adjustment of awards of child support; authorizing judges in family cases to take judicial notice of certain court records without prior notice to the parties when imminent danger to persons or property has been alleged and it is impractical to give prior notice; providing for a deferred opportunity to present evidence; creating an exception to a prohibition against using evidence other than the verified pleading or affidavit in an ex parte hearing for a temporary injunction for protection against domestic violence, repeat violence, sexual violence, dating violence, or stalking, etc.
Last Action: 4/24/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 755 (Ch. 2014-35) -SJ 599
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Rules -SJ 20
• Introduced -SJ 20
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/01/14, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 442
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 443
• Now in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs -SJ 442
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 04/08/14, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 459
• Now in Rules -SJ 459
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/21/14, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 515
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 515
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 599
• Amendment(s) adopted (354626, 657190) -SJ 599
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 755 -SJ 599
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 755 (Ch. 2014-35) -SJ 599
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.