CS/SB 136: Freight Logistics Zones
GENERAL BILL by Transportation ; Ring
Freight Logistics Zones; Defining the term “freight logistics zone”; authorizing a county, or two or more contiguous counties, to designate a geographic area or areas within its jurisdiction as a freight logistics zone; requiring the adoption of a strategic plan that must include certain information; providing that certain projects within freight logistics zones may be eligible for priority in state funding and certain incentive programs; providing evaluation criteria for freight logistics zones, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Location: In committee/council (AP)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Transportation (TR)
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development (ATD)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Transportation; Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 22
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 11/07/13, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 138
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Community Affairs
• Remaining references corrected to Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 132
• Now in Commerce and Tourism
• Introduced -SJ 22
• CS by Transportation read 1st time -SJ 116
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/17/14, 4:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 262
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 262
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 04/02/14, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 460
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 460
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.