CS/CS/HB 143: Florida Insurance Guaranty Association
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Raburn ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Combee ; Gibbons
Florida Insurance Guaranty Association; Defines "assessment year"; revises provisions relating to levy of assessments on insurers; specifies conditions under which such assessments are paid; revises procedures & timeframes for levy of assessments; revises exemption for assessments; requires charges or recoupments to be displayed separately on premium bills to policyholders & prohibits their inclusion in rates.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died on Calendar
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Finance and Tax Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 18
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 01/15/14, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall -- Temporarily deferred
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/05/14, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 18
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 251
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 250
• Now in Finance and Tax Subcommittee -HJ 277
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Subcommittee, 03/26/14, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Finance and Tax Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 4 -HJ 388
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 388
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 04/03/14, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 466
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 462
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 475
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.