CS/CS/HB 151: Security of a Protected Consumer's Information
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee ; Fitzenhagen ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Artiles ; Berman ; Gibbons ; Mayfield ; Raulerson ; Rehwinkel Vasilinda ; Steube
Security of a Protected Consumer's Information; Authorizes representative of protected consumer to place security freeze on protected consumer's consumer report or record; requires consumer reporting agency to establish record if protected consumer does not have consumer report; prohibits use of consumer record for certain purposes; specifies procedure to remove security freeze; authorizes consumer reporting agency to charge fee for placing or removing security freeze & for reissuing unique personal identifier; requires written notification upon change of specified information in protected consumer's consumer report or record; requires DOACS to investigate certain complaints; provides penalties & civil remedies; provides written disclosure requirements for consumer reporting agencies relating to protected consumer's security freeze.
Last Action: 4/21/2014 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 242 (Ch. 2014-66) -HJ 566
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 19
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee, 01/09/14, 9:00 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 151
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Insurance and Banking Subcommittee -HJ 150
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 02/04/14, 4:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 155
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 155
• Introduced -HJ 19
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 03/06/14, 9:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 135
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 218
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 207
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 277
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/14
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/SB 242 -HJ 566
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 242 (Ch. 2014-66) -HJ 566
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.