CS/SB 156: Motor Vehicle and Mobile Home Taxes, Fees, and Surcharges
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Negron ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Benacquisto ; Clemens ; Evers ; Brandes ; Hukill ; Abruzzo ; Bradley ; Bean ; Sobel ; Soto
Motor Vehicle and Mobile Home Taxes, Fees, and Surcharges; Reducing the amount of the additional registration fee used to fund the Florida Real Time Vehicle Information System; reducing the service charge imposed on an application for an original or duplicate license plate, or specified registration stickers or certificates; reducing surcharges imposed on a license tax; reenacting and amending provisions relating to special vehicle license plates for the Governor and federal and state legislators, to incorporate the amendment made to s. 320.06, F.S., in a reference thereto, etc.
Last Action: 4/3/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-6
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Transportation (TR)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development (ATD)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 23
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 10/09/13, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Transportation; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 136
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 136
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 01/09/14, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 139
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 139
• Introduced -SJ 23
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/13/14, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 243
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 243
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/18/14
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 246
• Read 2nd time -SJ 257
• Read 3rd time -SJ 257
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 257
• Immediately certified -SJ 262
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 289
• Received -HJ 289
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/19/14
• Substituted for HB 7123 -HJ 301
• Read 2nd time -HJ 301
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 318
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 318
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 351
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 351
• Approved by Governor -SJ 452
• Chapter No. 2014-6
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.