CS/SB 246: Local Government Pension Reform
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Ring ; Bradley
Local Government Pension Reform; Revising legislative declarations to require that all firefighter and police officer pension plans meet the requirements of ch. 175 and ch. 185, F.S., in order to receive insurance premium tax revenues; revising the method of creating and maintaining a firefighters’ pension trust fund; providing that the use of premium tax revenues may deviate from the requirements of ch. 175 and ch. 185, F.S., under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died in Messages
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Community Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 28
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 12/11/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 136
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 136
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/14/14, 2:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 2 -SJ 135
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 135
• Introduced -SJ 28
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/10/14, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 515
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 515
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/14
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 516
• Read 2nd time -SJ 678
• Amendment(s) adopted (159300, 435678) -SJ 678
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 686
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 721
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 721
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.