CS/CS/HB 271: Workers' Compensation
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee ; Cummings ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Broxson
Workers' Compensation; Revises powers of DFS relating to compliance with & enforcement of workers' compensation coverage requirements; provides for stop-work order information to be available on Division of Workers' Compensation's website; revises requirements for release of stop-work orders; revises penalties; revises rate formulas related to determination of compensation for disability & death; revises provisions relating to assessment rate of Special Disability Trust Fund; reduces assessment rate limitation.
Last Action: 6/13/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-109
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 27
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 01/08/14, 12:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 152
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 152
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/11/14, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 157
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 150
• Introduced -HJ 27
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 03/06/14, 9:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 137
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 217
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 208
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 277
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/01/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 418
• Amendment(s) adopted (254857) -HJ 419
• Read 3rd time -HJ 419
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 419
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 453
• Received -SJ 453
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 804
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 804
• Substituted for CS/SB 444 -SJ 804
• Read 2nd time -SJ 804
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 810
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 811
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1323
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-109
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.