CS/CS/SB 286: Concrete Masonry Education
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Regulated Industries ; Richter ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Latvala ; Detert ; Garcia ; Bradley ; Flores ; Smith ; Bean
Concrete Masonry Education; Creating the “Concrete Masonry Education Act”; creating the Florida Concrete Masonry Education Council, Inc.; requiring the council to operate under a written contract with the Department of Economic Opportunity; authorizing the council to accept grants, donations, contributions, and gifts under certain circumstances; providing for collection of a voluntary assessment on concrete masonry units; requiring manufacturers who elect to pay the assessment to commit to paying the assessment for a specified period, etc.
Last Action: 6/20/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-175
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Regulated Industries; Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 31
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/08/14, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 137
• Now in Regulated Industries -SJ 137
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 02/13/14, 9:30 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 138
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 138
• Introduced -SJ 31
• CS by Regulated Industries read 1st time -SJ 120
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/03/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 443
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 443
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 443
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 532
• Amendment(s) adopted (577134) -SJ 532
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 532
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 610
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 610
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 825
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• Received -HJ 825
• Read 2nd time -HJ 841
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 147 -HJ 841
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 885
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 886
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 880
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-175
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.