HB 291: Warranty Associations
GENERAL BILL by Santiago
Warranty Associations; Authorizes electronic transmission of service agreements & home warranties; provides requirements for electronic transmission; provides notice requirements; revises criteria authorizing premiums of certain service warranty associations to exceed their specified net assets limitations; revises requirements relating to contractual liability policies that insure warranty associations; provides requirements for delivery of service warranty contracts; provides notice requirements.
Last Action: 6/13/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-111
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Civil Justice Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 28
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 01/08/14, 12:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 152
• Now in Civil Justice Subcommittee -HJ 152
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 02/05/14, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 154
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 154
• Introduced -HJ 28
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 03/06/14, 9:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 204
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 204
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/19/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 299
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 316
• Passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 316
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism -SJ 350
• Received -SJ 350
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism -SJ 385
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 385
• Substituted for SB 496 -SJ 385
• Read 2nd time -SJ 385
• Read 3rd time -SJ 386
• Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 386
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 524
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-111
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.