SB 356: Regulation of Public Lodging Establishments and Public Food Service Establishments
GENERAL BILL by Thrasher ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman ; Ring ; Sobel ; Sachs
Regulation of Public Lodging Establishments and Public Food Service Establishments; Revising the permitted scope of local laws, ordinances, and regulations regarding vacation rentals, etc.
Last Action: 6/13/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-71
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Community Affairs (CA)
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Community Affairs -SJ 35
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 01/09/14, 9:30 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Regulated Industries; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 136
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 136
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/04/14, 2:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 1 -SJ 137
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 137
• Introduced -SJ 35
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/20/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 294
• Amendment(s) adopted (393974) -SJ 294
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 294
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 331
• Passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 2 -SJ 331
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 826
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• Received -HJ 826
• Read 2nd time -HJ 841
• Substituted for CS/HB 307 -HJ 841
• Amendment(s) adopted (486775) -HJ 841
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 886
• Passed as amended; YEAS 90 NAYS 27 -HJ 886
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (486775) -SJ 882
• Passed as amended; YEAS 32 NAYS 2 -SJ 882
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 882
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-71
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.