CS/SB 358: Athletic Coaches for Youth Athletic Teams
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Ring
Athletic Coaches for Youth Athletic Teams; Revising the definition of the term “athletic coach”; expanding provisions relating to athletic coaches for independent sanctioning authorities to require such authorities to conduct specified background screening of certain coaches of youth athletic teams; providing that the duty may not be delegated; providing for disqualification; providing for exemption from disqualification; requiring that specified documentation be maintained for a specified period by such authorities, etc.
Last Action: 5/14/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-9
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 35
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/04/14, 10:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 136
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 136
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/05/14, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 35
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 206
• Now in Rules -SJ 206
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/12/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/20/14, 10:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 318
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 318
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/14
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 319
• Read 2nd time -SJ 334
• Retained on Special Order Calendar, 04/03/14 -SJ 335
• Was taken up -SJ 439
• Amendment(s) adopted (455062) -SJ 439
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 439
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 491
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 491
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 826
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• Received -HJ 826
• Read 2nd time -HJ 874
• Substituted for CS/HB 139 -HJ 874
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 900
• CS passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 900
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 880
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-9
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.