SB 392: State Speed Zones
GENERAL BILL by Brandes ; Clemens
State Speed Zones; Raising the maximum allowable speed limit on certain highways; increasing the maximum allowable speed limit on roadways under the jurisdiction of the Department of Transportation, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2015 Senate - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Transportation (TR)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Transportation; Community Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 37
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 01/16/14, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Transportation; YEAS 6 NAYS 1 -SJ 136
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 136
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/05/14, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 37
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 2 -SJ 206
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 206
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/27/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 4 -SJ 355
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 355
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 565
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 616
• Passed; YEAS 27 NAYS 11 -SJ 617
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 826
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• Received -HJ 826
• Read 2nd time -HJ 851
• Substituted for HB 761 -HJ 851
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 889
• Passed; YEAS 58 NAYS 56 -HJ 890
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 880
• Motion to recall from Senate failed adoption -HJ 902
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor
• Veto Message received (2014 Special Session A), (2015 Regular Session) -SJ 2, 183
• Veto Message referred to Rules -SJ 2, 184
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.