CS/SB 408: Infectious Disease Elimination Pilot Program
GENERAL BILL by Health Policy ; Braynon ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Sobel ; Bullard ; Gibson ; Flores ; Garcia
Infectious Disease Elimination Pilot Program; Creating the “Miami-Dade Infectious Disease Elimination Act (IDEA)”; requiring the Department of Health to establish a sterile needle and syringe exchange pilot program in Miami-Dade County; providing that the distribution of needles and syringes under the pilot program is not a violation of the Florida Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act or any other law; providing conditions under which a pilot program staff member or participant may be prosecuted; prohibiting the collection of participant identifying information, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died in returning Messages
Location: In returning messages from House
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Health Policy; Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 38
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 02/04/14, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 138
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations
• Remaining references corrected to Criminal Justice; Rules
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 138
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/17/14, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 137
• Now in Rules -SJ 137
• Introduced -SJ 38
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 123
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/26/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 9 NAYS 1 -SJ 355
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 355
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 739
• Amendment(s) adopted (173010) -SJ 739
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 739
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 787
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 30 NAYS 10 -SJ 787
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 1006
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1006
• Amendment(s) adopted (827559) -HJ 1007
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1007
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 109 NAYS 8 -HJ 1008
• In returning messages
• Died in returning Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.