CS/SB 416: Sinkhole Coverage
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Simpson
Sinkhole Coverage; Requiring Citizens Property Insurance Corporation to submit a biannual report on the number of residential sinkhole policies requested, issued, and declined; prohibiting the corporation from requiring a policyholder to advance payment for stabilization repairs provided under the program; providing requirements and procedures for selecting stabilization repair contractors to conduct stabilization repairs; specifying additional parameters with respect to the program, including provision for resolving disputes between the corporation and a policyholder, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died in Appropriations
Location: In committee/council (AP)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 38
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/14/14, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/04/14, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -SJ 137
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 137
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 03/05/14, 11:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Amendments Adopted - Temporarily Postponed
• Introduced -SJ 38
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 123
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 03/12/14, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 10 NAYS 3 -SJ 243
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 243
• Died in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.