CS/CS/SB 424: Discriminatory Insurance Practices
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Criminal Justice ; Lee ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Latvala
Discriminatory Insurance Practices; Providing that unfair discrimination on the basis of gun ownership in the provision of personal lines property or personal lines automobile insurance is a discriminatory insurance practice; clarifying that insurers are not prevented from charging supplemental premiums or sharing information between an insurer and its agent if a separate rider has been requested, etc.
Last Action: 6/20/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-180
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Criminal Justice; Appropriations -SJ 39
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/14/14, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Banking and Insurance (554246, 965502); YEAS 9 NAYS 1 -SJ 136
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 136
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/03/14, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 1 -SJ 137
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 137
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/06/14, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 39
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 123
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 2 -SJ 207
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 207
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/11/14
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 221
• Read 2nd time -SJ 236
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 259
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 3 -SJ 259
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 547
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/14
• Received -HJ 547
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 255 -HJ 564
• Read 2nd time -HJ 564
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 579
• CS passed; YEAS 74 NAYS 44 -HJ 579
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 528
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-180
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.