CS/CS/SB 448: Threatened Use of Force
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Judiciary ; Evers
Threatened Use of Force; Prohibiting the court from imposing certain mandatory minimum sentences if the court makes specified written findings; applying provisions relating to the use of force in defense of persons to the threatened use of force; applying presumption relating to the use of deadly force to the threatened use of deadly force in the defense of a residence and similar circumstances; applying immunity provisions that relate to the use of force to the threatened use of force; providing that a person is not justified in the threatened use of force to resist an arrest by a law enforcement officer, etc.
Last Action: 4/3/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 89 (Ch. 2014-195) -SJ 385
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/08/14, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 137
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 137
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/11/14, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Amendment Adopted - Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/04/14, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 40
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 207
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 207
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/12/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 221
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -SJ 243
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 243
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/20/14
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 247
• Read 2nd time -SJ 295
• Amendment(s) adopted (480342) -SJ 295
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 297
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 384
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 89 -SJ 385
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 89 (Ch. 2014-195) -SJ 385
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.