CS/HB 485: Sexual Offenses Against Students by Authority Figures
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Raburn ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Albritton ; Diaz, M. ; Eagle ; Hutson ; Raulerson ; Spano
Sexual Offenses Against Students by Authority Figures; Designates act the "Stop Harassing Underage Teens Act"; provides for reclassification of specified sexual offenses committed against students by authority figure of school; provides for severity ranking of offenses.
Last Action: 6/20/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-202
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 41
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 02/12/14, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 156
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 151
• Introduced -HJ 41
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 141
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/11/14, 9:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 252
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 252
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/21/14, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 338
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 338
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/22/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 591
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 604
• CS passed; YEAS 107 NAYS 8 -HJ 604
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations -SJ 590
• Received -SJ 590
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Appropriations -SJ 799
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 799
• Substituted for CS/SB 698 -SJ 799
• Read 2nd time -SJ 799
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 809
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 809
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 902
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-202
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.