SB 486: Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot
GENERAL BILL by Evers
Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot; Authorizing absent uniformed services voters and overseas voters to use the federal write-in absentee ballot in any state or local election; providing that an eligible elector may vote on any ballot measure in an election using the federal write-in absentee ballot; clarifying that a vote cast in a judicial merit retention election be treated in the same manner as a vote on certain ballot measures, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died in Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security (MS)
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security -SJ 42
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 01/13/14, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 137
• Now in Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security -SJ 137
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 02/04/14, 2:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 137
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 137
• Introduced -SJ 42
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/11/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 235
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 258
• Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 258
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.