HB 513: State Poet Laureate
GENERAL BILL by Raulerson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Saunders ; Schwartz
State Poet Laureate; Assigns duties to Florida Council on Arts & Culture relating to promotion of poetry & recommendations for appointment of State Poet Laureate; creates honorary position of State Poet Laureate within DOS; establishes procedures for acceptance of nominations, qualifications & recommendation of nominees, & appointment of State Poet Laureate; provides for filling vacancies; specifies that former poet laureate becomes State Poet Laureate Emeritus or Emerita; provides that State Poet Laureate, State Poet Laureate Emeritus, & State Poet Laureate Emerita serve without compensation; authorizes department to adopt rules.
Last Action: 6/20/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-203
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 43
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee, 02/19/14, 1:00 pm, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 158
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 158
• Introduced -HJ 43
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 03/13/14, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 278
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 278
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/01/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 417
• Read 3rd time -HJ 417
• Passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 417
• In Messages
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Education; Rules -SJ 452
• Received -SJ 452
• Withdrawn from Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Education; Rules -SJ 509
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 509
• Substituted for SB 290 -SJ 509
• Read 2nd time -SJ 509
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 582
• Passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 582
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 705
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-203
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.