CS/SB 514: Single-gender Public School Programs
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Flores
Single-gender Public School Programs; Providing requirements for a district school board when establishing a gender-specific elementary, middle, or high school; requiring school administrative and instructional personnel to participate in professional development, etc.
Last Action: 4/24/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 313 (Ch. 2014-30) -SJ 598
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 43
• Introduced -SJ 43
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/18/14, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 303
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 303
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 04/02/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 460
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 460
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/10/14, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 515
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 515
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/14
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 516
• Read 2nd time -SJ 597
• Substituted CS/HB 313 -SJ 598
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 313 (Ch. 2014-30) -SJ 598
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.