CS/CS/SB 528: Sex Offenses
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Judiciary ; Evers
Sex Offenses; Requiring the Department of Law Enforcement to inform the clerk of the court if a person petitioning for a name change has registered as a sexual predator or sexual offender; providing that voluntary disclosure of specified information waives a disclosure exemption for such information; adding additional offenses to the list of sexual predator qualifying offenses; requiring disclosure of additional information during the sexual predator registration process; providing criminal penalties for knowingly providing false registration information by act or omission, etc.
Last Action: 4/2/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-5
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 44
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/13/14, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 137
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 137
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/04/14, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 137
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 137
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/20/14, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -SJ 139
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 139
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/14
• Introduced -SJ 44
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 125
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 125
• Read 2nd time -SJ 13
• Read 3rd time -SJ 13
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 13
• Immediately certified -SJ 10
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 200
• Received -HJ 199
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/11/14
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 7025 -HJ 223
• Read 2nd time -HJ 223
• Amendment(s) adopted (634967) -HJ 234
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 261
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 262
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (634967) -SJ 279, 290
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 290
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 290
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 351
• Approved by Governor -SJ 374
• Chapter No. 2014-5
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.