CS/CS/SB 532: Disclosure of Sexually Explicit Images
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Criminal Justice ; Simmons ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Soto
Disclosure of Sexually Explicit Images; Prohibiting an individual from disclosing a sexually explicit image of an identifiable person with the intent to harass such person if the individual knows or should have known such person did not consent to the disclosure; requiring a court to order that a person convicted of such offense be prohibited from having contact with the victim; providing criminal penalties for a violation of such order; providing that criminal penalties for certain offenses run consecutively with a sentence imposed for a violation of specified provisions, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died in Messages
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary -SJ 45
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/17/14, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 139
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 139
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/04/14, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 45
• CS/CS by- Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 207
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 126
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 207
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/11/14
• CS/CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 221
• Read 2nd time -SJ 237
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 261
• Amendment(s) adopted (854550) -SJ 261
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 261
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.