CS/CS/SB 544: Licensure to Carry a Concealed Weapon or Firearm
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Agriculture ; Simpson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Latvala ; Bean ; Benacquisto ; Hays ; Brandes ; Bradley ; Negron ; Dean ; Evers ; Stargel ; Galvano ; Diaz de la Portilla ; Grimsley ; Thrasher
Licensure to Carry a Concealed Weapon or Firearm; Authorizing an applicant for a license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm to submit the application to an appointed tax collector; authorizing the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to appoint tax collectors to accept applications for new or renewal licenses to carry a concealed weapon or firearm on behalf of the Division of Licensing of the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, etc. APPROPRIATION: $842,111.00
Last Action: 4/23/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 523 (Ch. 2014-205), CS/HB 525 (Ch. 2014-206) -SJ 570
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Agriculture (AG)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Agriculture; Community Affairs -SJ 45
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/03/14, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 135
• Now in Agriculture -SJ 135
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture, 02/17/14, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Agriculture; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 138
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Remaining references corrected to Community Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 134
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 138
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/05/14, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 45
• CS by Agriculture read 1st time -SJ 126
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 206
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 206
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/10/14, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 515
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 515
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/14
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 516
• Read 2nd time -SJ 569
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 523 -SJ 570
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 523 (Ch. 2014-205), CS/HB 525 (Ch. 2014-206) -SJ 570
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.