CS/SB 598: Juvenile Justice Education Programs
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Bean
Juvenile Justice Education Programs; Revising requirements for the multiagency education plan for students in juvenile justice education programs, including virtual education as an option; authorizing instructional personnel at all juvenile justice facilities to access specific student records at the district; providing expectations for effective education programs for students in Department of Juvenile Justice programs; requiring the Department of Education to ensure that juvenile justice students who are eligible have access to high school equivalency testing and assist juvenile justice education programs with becoming high school equivalency testing centers, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 850 (Ch. 2014-184) -SJ 1114
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
• Referred to Education; Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 50
• Introduced -SJ 49
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/11/14, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 241
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 241
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/24/14, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 317
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 320
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 317
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 04/09/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 460
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 460
• Withdrawn from Appropriations: Subcommittee Recommendation not considered -SJ 784
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 784
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/14 -SJ 784
• Retained on Special Order Calendar
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1113
• Amendment(s) adopted (626044) -SJ 1114
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 173 (Died in House returning Messages) -SJ 1114
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 850 (Ch. 2014-184) -SJ 1114
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.