SM 658: Balanced Federal Budget
MEMORIAL by Stargel ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Benacquisto
Balanced Federal Budget; Applying to Congress to call a convention for the sole purpose of proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States which requires a balanced federal budget, etc.
Location: Filed with Secretary of State
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Rules -SJ 54
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/11/14, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 137
• Now in Rules -SJ 137
• Introduced -SJ 54
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/20/14, 10:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 9 NAYS 4 -SJ 304
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 304
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/14
• Retained on Special Order Calendar, 04/03/14 -SJ 335
• Read 2nd time -SJ 389
• Adopted -SJ 389
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 548
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/14
• Received -HJ 548
• Substituted for HM 625 -HJ 557
• Read 2nd time -HJ 557
• Adopted; YEAS 74 NAYS 44 -HJ 557
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 528
• Signed by Officers and filed with Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.