CS/HB 703: Environmental Regulation
GENERAL BILL by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee ; Patronis ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Peters ; Van Zant
Environmental Regulation; Specifies authority of counties to enforce certain wetlands, springs protection, & stormwater ordinances, regulations, & rules; revises procedures for transmittal & adoption of comprehensive plans & plan amendments; prohibits local governments from rescinding certain land use approvals; exempts certain land lessees from permit fees; authorizes durations & multiple commencement dates for certain consumptive use permits; requires delegated local governments to follow certain criteria & standards for well construction; revises well exam requirements; provides that proof of insurance meets certain mitigation bank permit requirements; exempts certain facilities, structures, & improvements from additional local government authorizations & permits; requires certain criteria to be incorporated into regional water supply plans; establishes solid waste landfill closure account within Solid Waste Management Trust Fund; provides permit extension.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died in State Affairs Committee, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7023 (Ch. 2014-218), CS/HB 7147 (Ch. 2014-154)
Location: In committee/council (SAC)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; Local and Federal Affairs Committee; Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 61
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee, 03/04/14, 1:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Introduced -HJ 61
• CS by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 2 -HJ 219
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 212
• Original reference(s) removed: Local and Federal Affairs Committee
• CS referred to Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 277
• Now in Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 277
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/31/14, 4:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 4 -HJ 427
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 427
• Died in State Affairs Committee, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7023 (Ch. 2014-218), CS/HB 7147 (Ch. 2014-154)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.