CS/HB 723: Discretionary Sales Surtaxes
GENERAL BILL by Finance and Tax Subcommittee ; Rooney ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Harrell ; Raschein
Discretionary Sales Surtaxes; Authorizes county to use proceeds & interest of local government infrastructure surtax for maintenance of transportation infrastructure under certain circumstances.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died in Local and Federal Affairs Committee
Location: In committee/council (LFAC)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Finance and Tax Subcommittee; Local and Federal Affairs Committee; Appropriations Committee -HJ 62
• Introduced -HJ 62
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Subcommittee, 03/26/14, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Finance and Tax Subcommittee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 389
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Finance and Tax Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 384
• Now in Local and Federal Affairs Committee -HJ 403
• Died in Local and Federal Affairs Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.