SB 732: Stanley G. Tate Florida Prepaid College Program
GENERAL BILL by Galvano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Smith
Stanley G. Tate Florida Prepaid College Program; Redefining the term “tuition differential”; prohibiting the amount of the aggregate sum of registration fees, the tuition differential fee, and local fees paid by the board to a state university on behalf of a qualified beneficiary of an advance payment contract from exceeding a certain percentage of the amount charged by the state university for the aggregate sum of those fees; prohibiting the amount of the dormitory fees paid for by the board to a state university on behalf of a qualified beneficiary of an advance payment contract from exceeding a certain percentage of the amount charged by the state university for those fees, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 851 (Ch. 2014-62)
Location: In messages from Senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 60
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 02/18/14, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 135
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 135
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 03/05/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 60
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 207
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 207
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/13/14, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 241
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 241
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 688
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 785
• Passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 785
• In Messages
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 851 (Ch. 2014-62)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.