CS/SB 788: Clerks of Court
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Ring
Clerks of Court; Authorizing jurors and witnesses to be paid by check; requiring a party applying for garnishment to pay a deposit to the garnishee, rather than in the registry of the court; revising requirements for the redemption of tax certificates; requiring the certificateholder to pay costs of resale within 15 days under certain circumstances; prohibiting a county from applying for a tax deed under certain circumstances; requiring the certificateholder to pay a specified amount of the assessed value of the homestead under certain circumstances; requiring the clerk to ensure that excess funds are paid according to specified priorities, etc.
Last Action: 5/1/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 797 (Ch. 2014-211) -SJ 978
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (AFT)
• Referred to Judiciary; Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 63
• Introduced -SJ 63
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/11/14, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 243
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Transportation
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 255
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 249
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 04/02/14, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 460
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 460
• Withdrawn from Appropriations: Subcommittee Recommendation not considered -SJ 784
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 784
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/01/14 -SJ 784
• Read 2nd time -SJ 978
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 797 -SJ 978
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 797 (Ch. 2014-211) -SJ 978
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.