CS/SR 894: Israeli Universities and Institutions of Higher Learning
RESOLUTION by Education ; Sobel ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Brandes ; Gaetz ; Abruzzo ; Altman ; Bean ; Benacquisto ; Bradley ; Braynon ; Bullard ; Clemens ; Dean ; Detert ; Diaz de la Portilla ; Evers ; Flores ; Galvano ; Garcia ; Gibson ; Hays ; Hukill ; Joyner ; Legg ; Margolis ; Montford ; Negron ; Richter ; Ring ; Sachs ; Simmons ; Simpson ; Smith ; Soto ; Stargel ; Thompson ; Thrasher
Israeli Universities and Institutions of Higher Learning; Expressing opposition to the academic boycott of Israeli universities and institutions of higher learning and support of academic and political freedom and collaboration with Israeli universities, etc.
Location: Final Passage
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Education; Rules -SJ 72
• Introduced -SJ 72
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/11/14, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/25/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 356
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 356
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/02/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 364
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -SJ 442
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 442
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/11/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 495
• CS adopted -SJ 495
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.