SB 970: Employment of Veterans
GENERAL BILL by Hays
Employment of Veterans; Authorizing a private employer to give priority in its hiring practices to certain wartime veterans and spouses of service-disabled veterans, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died in Commerce and Tourism, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7015 (Ch. 2014-1)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security (MS)
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Commerce and Tourism -SJ 79
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 03/05/14, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 79
• Favorable by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 206
• Now in Commerce and Tourism -SJ 206
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/17/14, 4:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Died in Commerce and Tourism, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7015 (Ch. 2014-1)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.