CS/CS/SB 1036: Nursing Education Programs
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Health Policy ; Grimsley
Nursing Education Programs; Requiring graduates of approved prelicensure nursing education programs who do not take the licensure examination within a specified period after graduation to complete a specified course; exempting nurses who are certified by an accredited program from continuing education requirements; revising the limitation on the percentage of clinical training that may consist of clinical simulation; authorizing the Board of Nursing to adopt certain rules relating to documenting the accreditation of nursing education programs, etc.
Last Action: 6/13/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-92
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Education (ED)
• Referred to Health Policy; Education -SJ 84
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 03/05/14, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 84
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 207
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Education -SJ 207
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 227
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/18/14, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 305
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 308
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 305
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/14
• Retained on Special Order Calendar, 04/03/14 -SJ 335
• Read 2nd time -SJ 431
• Amendment(s) adopted (758716, 914340) -SJ 432
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 433
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 486
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 487
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 784
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/14
• Received -HJ 784
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 813
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 870
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/HB 1059 -HJ 870
• Amendment(s) adopted (788685) -HJ 874
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 899
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 900
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (788685) -SJ 894
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 898
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 898
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-92
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.