CS/HB 1047: Termination of Pregnancies
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Adkins ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Baxley ; Caldwell ; Campbell ; Coley ; Corcoran ; Cummings ; Diaz, M. ; Eagle ; Eisnaugle ; Fresen ; Hill ; Hudson ; La Rosa ; Metz ; Oliva ; O'Toole ; Patronis ; Pigman ; Renuart ; Rodrigues, R. ; Stone ; Van Zant
Termination of Pregnancies; Revises circumstances under which pregnancy in third trimester may be terminated; authorizes administrative discipline for violation of certain provisions by certain licensed professionals; requires physician to perform certain examinations to determine viability of fetus; prohibits abortion of viable fetus outside of hospital.
Last Action: 6/13/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-137
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 89
• Referred to Health and Human Services Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 203
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 03/27/14, 1:30 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 5 -HJ 405
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 401
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 439
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/04/14, 9:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 8 NAYS 4 -HJ 475
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 475
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/09/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 488
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 511
• CS passed; YEAS 70 NAYS 45 -HJ 512
• In Messages
• Referred to Health Policy; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 524
• Received -SJ 524
• Withdrawn from Health Policy; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 599
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 599
• Substituted for CS/SB 918 -SJ 599
• Read 2nd time -SJ 599
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 645
• Amendment(s) failed (467952) -SJ 646
• CS passed; YEAS 24 NAYS 15 -SJ 646
• Immediately certified -SJ 648
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 779
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-137
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.